Inside the museum, guests will receive free general admission to check out our exhibitions, including our latest, Chasing Eclipses, which prepares you to experience an eclipse. Guests will also be treated to a live-feed of the total solar eclipse from locations that are in the path of totality in one of our immersive dome theaters.
Chicago Eclipse Fest experience includes:
- A Mad Science Show live on stage
- Entertainment by Jim & the Povolos
- Ask an Astronomer!
- Eclipse Trivia
- Design challenges including solar car races, making solar ovens, and creating pinhole projectors
- Solar science demonstrations including UV beads, a sundial station, and sun prints
- Fun for our littlest guests including bubbles, sensory activities, and light and shadow activities
- Carnival fun including giant Jenga®, a jumbo bounce house, gladiator obstacle course, giant parachute, jumbo ladder toss, bean bag toss, and a sandbag game
- Collections Corner (inside the museum)
- Rocket fun
- Telescope viewing
- A selfie station
- More to be announced!
9:30 - 6pm on August 21, 2017
All Photos Courtesy of the Adler Planetarium
1300 S Lake Shore Dr
Chicago, IL 60605
Note: This is now added to the Picture this Post round up of COMING SOON. To find out more about other exciting programming and events coming to Chicago’s stages, click here to read —