Along the Morton Arboretum’s wooded one-mile path, visitors to Morton Arboretum’s Illumination: Tree Lights will discover a series of experiences that encourage them to see trees in a different light. Visitors can see a grove of hemlock trees’ transform different colors, and trees that appear to be gently breathing. Additionally, visitors can hug a tree and watch it respond or see a show of lights that dance in the trees in time to music.
This year’s fifth Illumination: Tree Lights will include new interactive experiences such as wearing programmed pendants that light up in sync with the event
Morton Arboretum's ILLUMINATION Features
- Treemagination– projections on the trees make them appear to"breath," saturate them fields of color, and transform them with geometric patterns.
- Fantasy Forest– Grouped white columns provide the setting for sweeping beams of light timed to music.
- Ornament Hill – Visitors will encounter hundreds of giant glowing orbs nestled in the landscape and surrounded by thousands of points of LED light.
- Symphony Woods– Lights dance in the trees to classical music
- Crystal Promenade– 24 ethereal chandeliers adorn a forest of Douglas fir and spruce trees in this fairy tale-like spot.
Friday, November 17, 2017 through Monday, January 1, 2018.
4100 Illinois Route 53
Lisle, IL 60532
$12+ for children, $18+ for adults.
For more information, visit the Morton Arboretum website.
*All photos courtesy of Morton Aboretum