See Chicago Dance announces Chicago Dance Month, showcasing the city’s numerous, vibrant, and diverse opportunities to enjoy professional dance in Chicago.
Chicago Dance Month aims to highlight the breadth, variety, and artistic richness of the Chicago dance community. In addition to the dozens of dance performances and classes taking place throughout the month, Chicago Dance Month Hot Deal ticket partners are offering at least 25 percent off full-price tickets to their performances with offers available beginning March 19.
Numerous FREE special events include:
- Chicago Dance Month Kickoff Celebration, Tuesday, March 27, 4:30–5:30 p.m., Chicago Cultural Center, 78 E. Washington Street: a free afternoon performance in Preston Bradley Hall followed by a reception; participating companies include Cerqua Rivera Dance Theatre, Deeply Rooted Dance Theater, Winifred Haun & Dancers, Natya Dance Theatre, Project Bound, and Visceral Dance Chicago.
- Moving Dialogs: Culture in Motion, Tuesday, April 3, 6–8 p.m., Haitian American Museum of Chicago, 4654 N. Racine: an interactive performance featuring Chicago Dance Crash with new choreography inspired by works and cultural objects from the Museum’s collection; produced in partnership with the Chicago Cultural Alliance, this event includes a reception and conversation with the artists, moderated by Zachary Whittenburg, communications director, Arts Alliance Illinois.
- Mid-Month Pop-up Performances, April 10, 4:30–6 p.m., Block 37, 108 N. State Street: site-specific performances by Cattywampus Dance, Cocodaco Dance Project, Concert Dance Inc, Desueño Dance, Meher Dance Company, Nomi Dance Company, Noumenon Dance Ensemble, Simantikos Dance Chicago, and South Chicago Dance Theatre in the Pedway at Block 37.
- Chicago Dance Month Celebration and Scavenger Hunt, April 30, 4:30–6 p.m.: a progressive event that starts on the steps of the Chicago Cultural Center, 78 E. Washington Street, and continues down Michigan Avenue, with site-specific performances by Ballet 5:8, Movement Revolution Dance Crew, Perceptual Motion Inc., RE|dance group, Sildance/AcroDanza, and Trifecta Dance Collective along the way, and concluding along the Riverwalk.
- Open Studio Fridays, March 23–May 11, 4:30–6 p.m., Chicago Cultural Center Dance Studio, 78 E. Washington Street: a variety of Chicago dance companies will offer performances, mini dance classes, and other activities every Friday during Chicago Dance Month; light refreshments provided.