Saturday, October 17, 7 p.m.
2936 N. Southport Avenue, Chicago
AND online via livestream
$250–$1,000 (50 maximum) in-person premium seating
$25 (general) and $150 (premium) livestream
Premium tickets include post-event Continuum dialogue and other benefits.
Get tickets on the Deeply 25: Beyond Dance…The Celebration Begins website.
Deeply Rooted Dance Theater (DRDT), which unites modern, classical, American, and African-American traditions in dance and storytelling, announces additional details for DEEPLY 25: BEYOND DANCE…THE CELEBRATION BEGINS. Launching the company’s 25th anniversary season, the fundraiser offers in-person and virtual opportunities. Pamela Crutchfield is the Lead Sponsor.
Following welcoming remarks from DRDT leadership and sponsors, DRDT performs works from its repertoire live:
- My Country Tis of Thee, choreographed by Kevin Iega Jeff with music by Mahalia Jackson
- An excerpt from I Am Deeply Rooted (2010)
- Rain, an excerpt from a work in progress choreographed by Nicole Clarke-Springer, with music by Peter Gabriel
- When Men (2016), choreographed by Joshua L. Ishmon with narration by Charlie Chaplin and music by Paolo Nutini
- Surrender (1997), choreographed by Jeff with music by Terence Trent D’Arby and Hans Zimmer
- Heaven (2004), choreographed by Jeff and Gary Abbott with music by Janice Pendarvis, Anthony Moten, and Raymond Jones reimagined by Sam Trump.
Between the performances, in-person and virtual audience members will see videos featuring comments from the Artistic Team—Artistic Director Nicole Clarke-Springer, Co-Founder/Associate Artistic Director Gary Abbott, Dance Education Director Tracey Franklin, Rehearsal Director Joshua L. Ishmon, and Co-Founder/Creative Director Kevin Iega Jeff, along with longtime company member Dominique Atwood—and a reflective, cinematic history of DRDT, including video highlights of company performances and interviews that illuminate the company’s founding and inspiration, its evolution to the present, and its plans for the future under new artistic leadership.